This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Progress Bar update in VBS

5 replies to this topic

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 02:33

I use:

set ProgressRec = Installer.CreateRecord(1)
    ProgressRec.StringData(0)="    VBS-> " & What
    session.message &H04000000, ProgressRec

to place messages in the log (works fine), I can't work out the syntax for updating the progress bar. I don't want to move the progress bar, just update the text.

As it is it says "creating shortcuts" while in my VB custom action.

Thanks

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 09:01

The easiest way of getting messages from a custom action on to the Progress dialog is to use the ActionText table (available in ISWI power editor). Create an entry using the name of your custom action

Action:      CustomActionName
Description:       Reformatting C: Ha Ha!
Template:      ParamA [1] ParamBandC [2][3]

The template may be blank if you are not going to be using INSTALLMESSAGE_ACTIONDATA during your CA.

If you want progress messages within your CA you can use INSTALLMESSAGE_ACTIONDATA which fills in the parameters in your template.
see Msi documenation
WindowsInstaller
  UserInterface
     Using the user interface
        Sending Messages to WIndows Installer Using MsiProcessMessage

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 02:17

Excellent. Thank you.

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 August 2001 - 01:08

>If you want progress messages within your CA you >can use INSTALLMESSAGE_ACTIONDATA which fills >in the parameters in your template.
>see Msi documenation
>        Sending Messages to WIndows Installer Using MsiProcessMessage

I have tried this and nothing I try works, I'm not too worried as the "ActionText" table plus my logging is enough but I want to work this out!

If you have a small sample VBS handy could you please show it to me otherwise don't bother as it is not important enough to send more time on...

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 August 2001 - 02:53

I'm working on the same problem, and I'm not getting anywhere either.  All of the examples I can find are for InstallScript or C++.  If you happen to find a VBScript solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,