This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install Condition not working?

1 reply to this topic

13black

13black
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:16

I am very new to InstallShsield, but I have inherited a project from a colleague. I am trying to display a "Can't do that" message when a user right-clicks on the .msi file and selects Repair.

Editing the .msi file, in the Installation Designer -> General Information -> Product Properties -> Install Condition field, I have added this condition:

Not Installed OR (Installed AND REMOVE ~="ALL")

I have also tried it without the tilde (~).

It is my understanding that a FALSE condition here should display the associated message and quit the install, but the message does not appear.

This would seem to be a fairly simple requirement, any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Regards
Trev

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:45

Let me start with the remark that disabling repair is generaly not a good idea. What is the problem you are trying to solve here? Maybe there's a better way.

That said, in order to prevent you from getting into a situation where you can't even uninstall a package if the conditions are (no longer) met (e.g. a dependency has been removed in the meantime), the LaunchConditions action has a condition of Not Installed. Therefore your conditions are only evaluated during first time install. If you really really need to do this, you can go to the Custom Actions and Sequences view, find the LaunchConditions action in both the User Interface and Execute sequences and remove its condition.