This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Minor Upgrade help

1 reply to this topic

Jacob438

Jacob438
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 21:31

I need some help with upgrades...

I have an installer that works fine upon first being run on a clean machine. Everything gets installed as it should. I am using one Setup.exe file, fyi. When we do a nightly build and the next morning we try to install it on the test server by running the new setup.exe file, a dialog pops up saying that it's going to perform an upgrade, so far so good...

I set a registry value under HKLM\Software\MyCompany\MyProduct\Version which gets set to [ProductVersion]. I do this via the IDE in IS8. The only problem is, this value isn't updated when performing an upgrade. The value obviously is changing, because we change the value of [ProductVersion] with every build, so why is the new key not being created? I am pulling my hair out over just trying to set a simple registry key to a string value and have it updated.

Any help you can provide on this issue or upgrades in general would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Jacob438

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:21

What's the key path of the component that contains this registry entry? It should only be overwritten if the key path needs to be overwritten.