This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How To Debug A One Click Install Using The Debugge

3 replies to this topic

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 21:30

Hello,

I have a setup I need to offer through a one click install.  I am having some trouble on the OCI side.  It works fine through the UI builds but the OCI build has a problem where a variable is not getting set correctly in a certain area.  Does anyone know a way that I can debug the OCI setup using the IS Debugger?  I have logic in the code similar to:

if (SetupInfo(SI_INTERNET)) then    
&    if (!SetupInfo(SI_INTERNET)) then

These if statements execute functions on whether or not the setup is an OCI - namely do everything outside of the UI functions.  I need to follow some variables and make sure they're being set correctly.

I am successfully able to run the debugger when I have a CDROM build selected, but then none of these if statements get entered because the condition is not met.

Or, does anyone know how to set SI_INTERNET to TRUE or FALSE manually while stepping through the code using a CDROM build?

Any and all replies to this posting are appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert Elliott
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 21:49

OCI?  Oh, one click install.  So this is the using the media option then, and not a separate application like PackageForTheWeb wizard.

I'm not familiar with SI_INTERNET, but To debug that, look at the help topic "INFO: Debugging a Setup on a Test Machine".
user posted image

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 22:10

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.  I have read the document you specified but no where does it say anything about being able to use it to debug a One Click Install.  Do you know whether or not it will work?  I can debug my application fine on my development machine using any build other than Intranet or Internet.  As a matter of fact, the icon is greyed out so you cannot even click on the debugger when you have an Intranet or Internet setup highlighted in the IDE.

Please let me know if you have any further information on this issue.

Thanks again for your reply.
Robert Elliott
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 00:34

No, it doesn't explicitly state that will with a OCI, but it also doesn't say it won't work.

However, this method is just a matter of passing parameters to the setup though and that's allowed with an OCI.  Worse case, you temporarily modify the media's configuration to directly specify the parameters that you need to pass.

Just go ahead and give it a try.
user posted image