This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Crystal Reports merge module and ALLUSERS property

4 replies to this topic

Vaibhav.Goel

Vaibhav.Goel
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am working on a InstallScript project in which I need to install Crystal Reports runtime for .NET 2.0 framework on the end users machine. I downloaded the required merge module from BusinessObjects website and incorporated in my setup. But during installation this merge module gives an error: "1: ALLUSERS property is not 1 - the MSM cannot be used for a per-user or fallback-to-per-user install 2: 2"
The installation is being carried out under Administrative privileges and all the other files and short cuts in the project are getting copied for all users.
I tried setting ALLUSERS=1 in installscript as well as the property table but it did not work.
The merge module was downloaded from the following location:

Crystal Report Merge Module

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 17:30

Maybe the value of ALLUSERS is not forwarded to the merge module holder object (I never tried this). As a workaround create a Basic MSI project that only includes the Crystal modules and set ALLUSERS to 1 in the Property manager. Then include this msi setup in your InstallScript setup (basically that's what the merge module holder object does).

Vaibhav.Goel

Vaibhav.Goel
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:14

Hi,

Thanx for the reply Stefan.

This is a response that I got from Macrovision forum and it works:

http://community.mac...t=155906&page=2

Though the soution given is for Installshield 11.5 but it works for 11 as well.

Vaibhav

srikapat

srikapat
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:34

Thanks Vaibhav. the link helped me to solve the problem I was getting while adding VC++ runtime objects.

Thanks again for the link !

jimlocke

jimlocke
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 21:29

Although this post is over 2 years since the last, I'd like to also thank you for this solution!

Does anyone know of a more permanent and proper fix for this? This seems to be more of a workaround since it requires a manual tweak to an included MSI package.

Is it a bug either with Installshield or Microsoft (since it's an MSI package?)