This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DCOM config on setup

1 reply to this topic

Sunny_xms

Sunny_xms
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:19

Hello!

I need to config a DCOM component's security (that is already installed on the system) on setup of my application. How can I do this?

I need to set new launch permissions on object. I can do this with dcomcnfg.exe, but need to do this automatically.

Thank you

Frank Horn

Frank Horn
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:56

Why doesn't anyone reply to this one?

I'm in dire need of a solution too, but I havn't found any so far.

DCOM permissions are nothing but registry settings, but if you want to grant access or launch permission for everyone for a COM class, you have to write a registry key that requires administrative rights, and MSI won't do it, even if the setup is running under an administrator account.

The OPC foundation (http://www.opcfoundation.org/) is distributing a component (OPCEnum.exe) that gets DCOM access and launch permission for everyone and authentication level "none" on setup, but I don't know how they achieve it. If I look into their msi file, I can only see that they unpack a binary that does it.