This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Selecting a installation option

3 replies to this topic

binils

binils
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 06:45

Hello ,
I wanted to make installer for three different products, and wanted to make one installer. So that while installing user will be able to go to custom screen and check which one he wanted to install.......How will i do it........... How do do the checkings ..........please give some hints....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 10:03

You could create three top level features. Remember however that you will have only one entry in control panel, and only one product code, i.e. you cannot update these applications separately (you will have to build one update for the complete packge)

So a better way might be to create three MSIs (either 3 project or 1 project with 3 project configurations if the 3 applications are similar), and use a front end (e.g. DemoShield) to invoke them.

binils

binils
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 17:40

Hi,

Thanks for the kind reply.However I did not understand . Now I rechecked ........I am sorry that i think I posted in wrong forum . I am using installshied professional. Even i am new to it.. Ur reply is that aplicable to that too??.

If it is entirely wrong forum please forget me... im sorry tooo...........
regards..

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 20:41

I see you discovered the right forum in the meantime so I'll post my reply there.