This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unable to preserve the Property

6 replies to this topic

rasheed

rasheed
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 16:38

I am creating  folder icons through custom actions based on users Choice. I setting the user preferred name to the public Property (in UI sequence ) and I am using this value to create folder icons during installation. The problem is I am unable delete the folder icons during Uninstallation ( through custom actions) because the property  which I set during installation is empty.  I need this name during uninstallation to uninstall, Is there any way to  preserve the Property values during uninstallation?.

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 19:25

In the registry?

rasheed

rasheed
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 20:03

Pual, I an  setting the Property ( for example PRGFOLDER to  "APPLICATIONNAME") in UI sequence. The problem is  while uninstallation this Property "PRGFOLDER"  shows empty. Is there any way keep the value of property during uninstallation

dkingston

dkingston
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 20:48

My limited experience with ISWI so far has shown me that the easiest method is to insert temporary records into the Installer database and let the Installer do the work for you.  And since creating the folder icons was an actual part of the installation, they will be removed when the application is uninstalled.

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 09:12

Raheed,
         During install populate a key in the registry with the value you require.  Then during uninstall use the Appsearch and RegLocator tables in the power editor to populate a property with the value that you stored earlier.

Have a look at the InstallShield KB article "Q103290 - Create an Install Condition Based on Information Read From the Registry. " You are not interested in the install condition but it will provide an example on how to assign a value from the registry to a property which you can then use.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

rasheed

rasheed
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 19:33

Dave, ThanQ for your help. It works fine