This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Some questions regarding _isuser.dll

4 replies to this topic

mdoggett

mdoggett
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2001 - 16:04

Using ISD7 to build a Standard Setup project with custom dialogs, some oddities have arrisen. Could any one please help answer these.

1: I have 2 DLL files containing my custom dialog "_IsUser1033.DLL" (English) and "_IsUser1031.DLL" (German). If I call EzDefineDialog with "" in the second argument the function works fine, however WaitOnDialog returns -1. If I use the system constant ISUSER for the second argument then EzDefineDialog fails returning -1. I have got round this for the moment by placing the DLL files in my setup files group so they get placed in the SUPPORTDIR at run time. I can then load the relevant DLL and call the dialog from it. This is far from ideal and I'm sure there must be a better way of doing it or else I might just as well use developer studios dialog editor to do all the work.

2: I am referencing the dialog by name as I can't find the ID for it anywhere. I have tried loading the DLL into Developer studio but as it has no corresponing resource.h file I can't look at the ID numbers. In which case how do I find the ID numbers of all the controls so I can write code to action when for example a button is pressed.

3: I have copied the properties of the top bar (the white bar with the logo on) from an existing dialog to my custom dialog to maintain a consistent look and feel. Although the logo appears correctly I find that the bar appears in the standard grey rather than white. Is there something I am missing.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 October 2001 - 09:17

Hi
have a look at the thread Help Displaying a custom dialog. This should help.
You can contact me for the new ISWIBuild.dll. You need it for the multlilanguage setup. I found this bug and it is fixed now.
Greetings
Christof

mdoggett

mdoggett
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2001 - 09:27

Thanks for the reply.

I have found a way to get the ID off the dialog items, which involves running in debug mode and getting the return values from WaitOnDialog. However as Edit boxes do not return from this function I cannot get there ID numbers. Does anyone have any ideas on a more elegant way of getting dialog ID's.

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 October 2001 - 12:35

I use the 'non'elegant way. Open the rc File with an editor and find my control and got the ID - fast and simple but I would also prefer to the the ID directly in ISD7

qiaoli

qiaoli
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 00:19

Try http://support.installshield.com/kb/. Enter Artical ID: Q105708