This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need cute way to bring focus to Install

2 replies to this topic

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 22:43

I'm currently running IS 7.1, and all our installs always show up behind any other windows that open at launch.  This is a major problem for both DemoShield launched and web launched installs.  Apparently this is a known IS 7 bug.

I've tried 2 workarounds to force the window to gain focus, neither of which seems to work.  They are:

1 - Suggested by IS)  SdShowMessage("",FALSE);

2)  HWND installWindow;

begin
   installWindow=GetWindowHandle(HWND_INSTALL);
   SetFocus(installWindow);

Both of these compile fine, make the taskbar flash like they should, but the window remains behind.  Any one have any suggestions?

kmackey

kmackey
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 20:29

We found the problem with the installer window starting in the background/losing focus started happening when we first used skins.

If you're using skins, you might solve the problem by removing them. It's a tradeoff.

In your code sample, did you mean SetForegroundWindow?

I'm surprised that IS knows about the problem, but there is nothing in their knowledge base that I could find.

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 18:36

Yes, I meant SetForeground.

Thanks for the tip on the skins, I'll give that a try.

I couldn't find this on the InstallShield site either - their tech support informed me it was a known issue.

Thanks again!