This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

6063 Internal Error

2 replies to this topic

anarres

anarres
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:40

Hi, I'm getting 6063 Internal Error, every thing I try to fix it is useless. I can't find help via F1 or on the internet (anywhere!)...

We have a release in the next few days and stupidly we don't have a recent backup of the project.

Any help is greatly appreciated. IIRC the last things I did between compiles was to change a couple of Custom Actions (installscript), and to set default values for many properties for textbox controls.

Attached is the log file.

Attached Files

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:01

Have a look inside the direct editor and look at the AppID table. This is where the error is coming from I think.

Is it possible to rollback your chagnes throught source control (if you have it?) then chagne one piece at a time and see what is causing the problem.

anarres

anarres
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:56

Thanks for the attention, I was somewhat mystified by this error. Fortunately I have already tracked down the problem. smile.gif

In the end (late last night, it is now early AM for me), we discovered that SOMEHOW the IS installation was screwed. ohmy.gif

No IS project will compile on our build machine any more, so I installed IS on my personal developement machine.

I have now removed IS from our build machine, which will (from now on) be kept IS free. I have the "clean build" update from IS now and will use it on our build machine.

I have to admit that as someone who has used IS since the days of IS Pro 5.0, I am VERY disappointed at the level of support that I have been able to get. The 6063 error is UNDOCUMENTED in both the help files and in the online knowledgebase.

This has for the first time made me consider using another installer program. sad.gif

Edited by anarres, 28 April 2004 - 10:00.