This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting a feature to required

7 replies to this topic

anthonyh

anthonyh
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 20:22

Does anyone know if there is a way to set a feature to be required in a custom action using the API's?

Anthony
Product Availability Developer
Avantis
Invensys Process Systems

Using InstallShield Developer 7.04 - Basic Project

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 14:40

You can use the function MsiSetFeatureState or maybe it helps just to set the INSTALLLEVEL.

Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.

anthonyh

anthonyh
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 14:50

I am setting the install level, but by just setting that, the user can still unselect it.  I need to remove that choice.  It is a feature that needs to always be installed.

I don't think that function will work for me.  The help says that it is for how it should be installed; local, absent, advertised, or from the source.

Anthony
Avantis
Invensys Process Systems

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 20:15

Add the msidbFeatureAttributesUIDisallowAbsent (value 16) flag to the Attributes column in the Feature table. (If you're using InstallShield set the featire's Required property to Yes)

anthonyh

anthonyh
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 14:24

What API can I use to set that, or do I have to edit the feature table directly?

Thanks,
Anthony
Avantis
Invensys Process Systems

anthonyh

anthonyh
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 14:44

Found the API. It is MsiSetFeatureAttributes().

Anthony
Avantis
Invensys Process Systems

jo21w

jo21w
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 10:19

I am using InstallShield 6.31 without MSI.
Is there a way to set a the "Required Components" feature. Using InstallScript?

My problem.
During the setup the user is asked, in which language he wants to install the product. In custom mode the user also is able to select which languages will be supported by the product. The default language is german.
So if the user selects english, setup has to take care that the english language dll's are installed. (And that the user not is able to deselect the English Components.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 18:19

jo21w: you should ask this question in the Professional 6 forum. This is a completely different technology.