This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

exe was not replaced during a Repair

2 replies to this topic

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 00:06

Hello,

I ran into a situation where an exe (part of a file group with Potentially Locked set to "Yes") was not updated during a repair, and there were no reboot or end process prompts. (I had to kill the process and repeat the Repair in order for it to replace the file.) The install script calls the function SdFinishReboot for such cases, and this has always worked in the past.

The difference in this case, I believe, is that the application was running on behalf of another user via remote desktop connection when the Repair was run. Could this indeed have been the cause of there being no prompts to either reboot the system or end the process, or is there a more-likely explanation?

Thanks in advance for any insight...

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 20:58

I could see Remote Desktop confusing the situation like that, but sounds like you'd have to do some more investigation work to truly confirm that being the case.

However, if you truly wish to safe guard against such scenarios in the future, then you may wish to check out this shutdown app sample.
user posted image

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 20:36

Thanks very much...