This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

1033.msi in the build

1 reply to this topic

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 23:14

WI 2.03 build generates 1033.msi and setup.exe in the Disk1 when i build a network image with compressed all.  The 1033.msi causes the setup fail to run properly for example the setup run without dialog.
How can I build properly without generating 1033.msi?

mgama

mgama
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2001 - 23:53

I am hoping to find the answer to this question as well.  On my dev machine, I build my setup via a batch file (essentially compiling it via the command line).  However every so often I get this bug where there is a 1033.msi and my expected msi file name.  Neither of them are valid setups.  

Luckly I have not had the problem on the nightly build machine (also compiles via the same batch file).  

The only solution I found was to open the .ism and delete all the entries in the Release section of InstallShield, and then use the Release Wizard to create a new one.  Then I can exit and run the batch file, usually with success.