This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error Installshield

2 replies to this topic

s26f84

s26f84
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:14

Hey guys

When the installer is run (the application already installed), then the installer removes all the files first and then displays normal installwelcome dialogs.
Under sequences the Maintenance dialog has following condition: Installed And Not RESUME And Not REMOVE
InstallWelcome has following condition: Not Installed And (Not PATCH Or IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE)

when the installer starts removes the files:
user posted image

error message as all files could not be deleted:
http://img443.images...68358543kp4.png

Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong (or what setting should i do so that maintenance dialog is displayed rather than all files being deleted) :confused: as maintenance dialog should be displayed and no files should be deleted????

I am using Windows Xp Sp2 and Installshield12 Premier Edition and basic msi project

Thanks
Sunny

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:17

Does this happen only if you launch the install from the INstallShield IDE? Or also when you double click the setup.exe or your .msi file in Explorer?

s26f84

s26f84
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:33

It is solved now there is a option Tools -> Option -> Prefernces and don't select option Unistall before installing
thanks for looking at the issue
cheers
sunny