This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with IS engine

4 replies to this topic

MKaiser

MKaiser
  • Full Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 10:10

Hello, just a similar one to the topic below.

We have a customer in Japan who is struggling on installing an IS 6.3 based installer on his japanese win98. In the OnMoved events we try to access the system.ini and when it comes to this the installer crashes with a GPF saying:
This program finishes because it ran the wrong process.
Please contact the maker of the product.

Do we have en expert here who can help me understanding what's happening here ?

My customer also said that he could install everything fine under Windows NT/2K.

Marko

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 14:59

Check that you have 98 as a supported option in the media build.

How are you trying to acess the system.ini file?  IS ProfString functions?  Or external dll funtions?

MKaiser

MKaiser
  • Full Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 17:44

1. Windows 98 is definitively supported by the media. I have installed that several times by myself on Win98 PC's.

2. Access to the file is done via GetFileInfo, SetFileInfo,ListReadFromFile,ListWriteToFile.

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 18:05

The only thing I can think of is to verifty that the system.ini file is there on his machine and in the correct location and not read-only/hidden/empty.

You know that you can remote debug don't you.  I don't know how far you are willing to go with this user but you could set up his machine and walk through it and see exactly where the problem occurs.  See the debugger help on "how to debug on any machine".  It is not that hard and a very powerful tool.  But whether you want to walk a user through it or not...

valaki

valaki
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 15:17

Do you have any news on this problem since then?

It seems to me that I encounter the same problem now. (see the other topic, titled 'GetProfStringList failure on Win98')

Thanks for any help you can give,
V