This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem installing programs

2 replies to this topic

Neza*

Neza*
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 13:57

Hello.

A week back I tried to install the Need For Speed Pro Street demo. I got this error:

Could not create key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft/windows/CurrentVersion/Installer/InProgress

Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I've asked for help on several forums, but no one could help me, no one knew the answer to my problem. So I figured the exe was damaged or something and realised I won't be able to play the demo after all.

but it wasn't the demo, I can't install almost anything.

I wanted to try out gameslab for minimum requirements on some games, and I needed java for this, I am also unable to install it, I get the same error. The error number for Java was: 1401

I've tried several other things, just now another game TombRaider Angel of darkness, I got the very same error, and after I click on okay, I got this as well:

Feature transfer error

Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

Consult Windows Installer help (Msi.Chm) or MSDN for more information.

Can anyone help me please, I've no idea what to do, and I can do nothing on my PC atm, I'd really appreciate the help.

And I hope I put this in the right section.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:52

Hi, sorry - I don't have time to read this in detail, but try this site: http://consumer.installshield.com/ . It features common problems and resolutions for end user installs.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Neza*

Neza*
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 13:12

Thanks for the link. I figured out one of the antivirus programs was interfering with the installaition. It works normally now.