This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom dialog appears behind SetUpProgress dialog

2 replies to this topic

UserMI

UserMI
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 18:49

I am having trouble with a custom dialog. I have a Basic MSI project. I have a custom action after InstallFinalize that displays the custom dialog using Define Dialog. Everything works correctly as long as there are no messageboxes diaplyed before the custom action. If a messaegbox does appear beforehand, the custom dialog appears behind the SetUpProgress Dialog. I have tried SetForeGroundWindow, SetFocus, BringWindowToFront using the handle of the custom dialog with no success. Please, any ideas????

thanks in advance

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:46

I was struggling a lot with this earlier, and I never found an acceptable solution. One thing I tried, that worked was to use the windows API to hide the installation dialog itself! (The Basic MSI setup). However, in my case I didn't have a chance to re-enable (show) the setup dialog again in any sensible way, so I worked around the problem in different ways (ended up not using a custom dialog at all).
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:27

Instead of using a CA to activate the dialog, try using the ControlEvent SpawnDialog to show the dialog.
It works for me: I have a CustomSetup dialog with a help button, that shows another dialog with some hints. It is always shown above the CustomSetup dialog.