This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry being set to PRODUCT_NAME

3 replies to this topic

kevinours

kevinours
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 00:16

InstallShield is setting the registry to the PRODUCT_NAME from the resources tab when I install my product.  Is there any way to keep InstallShield from writing to the registry when I install my product?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 02:07

I don't use an event-based model for my InstallScript like I'm guessing you do, but you can try looking at the default OnMoving event for calls along those lines.

You can also step through your setup with the debugger to see when those things are taking place, and take it from there.

user posted image

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 07:27

From help info:
SetInstallationInfo function is called automatically before the Begin event, with the string table entries COMPANY_NAME, PRODUCT_NAME, PRODUCT_VERSION, and PRODUCT_KEY as its arguments. SetInstallationInfo specifies this information for use by CreateInstallationInfo, which is called automatically in an event-based script right after the First UI Before event to create an application information key and a per application paths key for the program you are installing.

Apparently, you cannot prevent your registry from being written - you can only delete the added keys.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 14:21

Yeah, that was the call I was particularly wondering about, but since I'm program-driven I'm free to call it whenever I want, so I use OnMoving.
user posted image