This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA based on selected feature, before Installation

2 replies to this topic

finding_this_difficult

finding_this_difficult
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 17:04

Hi,
I am trying to figure out a way to execute a Custom Action (execute an .exe) depending on if the user selects a particular feature (say myFeature). So if the user selects myFeature to be installed, I would like to have the CA execute; however I would like it to execute before installing any files.
I looked into many of the other posts and saw that it is possible to execute a CA depending on if the selected feature was Installed (&myFeature=3), but it seems that this requires the feature to be installed before the CA will run.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out,
A

finding_this_difficult

finding_this_difficult
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 17:27

Well, unless someone else knows a better way, what I did and tested is what the documentation said (remove foot from mouth). Prior to my initial test (before my post) I had tried something similar but I think I used a ! instead of a &.

So what I did was created a Custom Action that would execute the .exe that I wanted. In sequence (Basic MSI) I added the CA inbetween MoveFiles and InstallFiles standard actions in the User Interface - Execute section.

- A

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 14:28

The condition should work after CostFinalize, so you can use it before the file copy process starts.