This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Help please : Patching problem ?

2 replies to this topic

calderaraserge

calderaraserge
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:54

Dear all,

I am using IS developer 7 patch 4 for my application deployement.
Since one year now I have distribute a first version of our product and now I need to deploy a patch of that initial version.

I have read many documents, news group of problem of patching and I ma actually facing to one of those that I could not solved fro weeks now.

The problem I am is that no files gets updated. ????

What I have done to creat the patch is as follow:

- Open original version of the product which get version 5.0
- Save project as new project named Patch1
- Change in new project package code
- Change in new version product version to be 5.1
- replace in component old files by new one (from version 5.0.0.0 to 5.1.0.0)
- Rebuild new package as uncompressed files
- From Tools menu ^run patch wizard and leave all default settings

Based on that patch is created without any error and UPDATE.EXE files is created.

Then when running that UPDATE.EXE file on the target system, all goes well in sequence, in add/Remove programme description text as been chage to My Product SP1, but none of the files updated have been copied .

I reaayl do not know anymore whre to look for, hoping you could help me

Thanks for reply
Serge

laurentL

laurentL
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 08:51

I Serge,

This problem must appear if you used "dynamic key file" or if you have component with no key file in your setup project. Is it your case ?

Laurent

calderaraserge

calderaraserge
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 13:47

NO it is not my case, I am not using dynamic link on my files and all of my file have key file in original and patch package....

I have set also automatic package code genration on each build, so I wonder why it is not updating.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
sad.gif
Any new tips?