This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

sdFinishReboot

3 replies to this topic

marshbear

marshbear
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 16:15

I am having trouble getting my installation to reboot my machine.  I have a FirstUIAfter event in which I write to some .ini files and create file dsn's.  In this function I also set BATCH_INSTALL = TRUE.  One of my file groups is a set of self registering .dll files.  I used some message boxes to debug.  BATCH_INSTALL is set to -1 which is TRUE.  But I get a strange number in my nResult for the sdFinishReboot function.  It comes out as 6.  Not sure what this is, or if this is even the problem.  Can anyone tell me why the machine won't reboot and the installation quits?

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 19:12

Surely you are using SYS_BOOTMACHINE as param?  

Is your machine 9x?  I think I read there have been instances of this on 9x. (?)  Might check out the bug list on IS' website.  If nt, verify that the setup and ikernel terminate from the taskbar.  IS will not reboot unless all IS processes are complete.

One other thing...  Have you made a custom dialog box with this dialog?  (I do to get rid of all buttons except Cancel.)  If so, verify you have the same resource ids used by the original dialog.

marshbear

marshbear
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 19:14

This problem is occurring on NT workstation and server.  I haven't tried it on anything else.

Here is the piece of code in the firstuiafter event

MessageBox("first ui after",INFORMATION);
   Disable(STATUSEX);
   BATCH_INSTALL=TRUE;
   ShowObjWizardPages(NEXT);

szMsg1 = "";
   szMsg2 = "";
   nresult = SdFinishReboot (szTitle, szMsg1, SYS_BOOTMACHINE, szMsg2, 0);

(Edited by marshbear at 7:15 pm on June 4, 2001)