This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting INSTALLDIR property

1 reply to this topic

zmfcat1

zmfcat1
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 23:52

Hi
I am trying to set the INSTALLDIR property under General Information>Product Properties. I have currently set it like [ProgramFilesFolder][APPNAME].

APPNAME is a property that I set while build the installer using the "-z" option that ISsaBld.exe provides, something like IsSABld.exe -p %TEMP_DIR%\%PROJECT%.ism -r %RELEASE% -b %LOCAL_BUILD% -o %MERGEMODULELOC% -z "APPNAME=%APPNAME%" -z "COMPNAME=%COMPNAME%"

After the installer is built I see that the APPNAME gets set to whatever I pass but INSTALLDIR retains the value like [ProgramFilesFolder][APPNAME] and does not substitute [APPNAME] with the passed in value. Any ideas what is wrong here? Thx

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:58

If you are passing in say APPNAME=my_test_project, then in the property table I would assume APPNAME would be set to "my_test_project".

If you then look at the directory table, INSTALLDIR, would still be set to [ProgramFilesFolder][APPNAME] - this I belive is correct.

Once you run the installation, windows installer would then format INSTALLDIR to the correct value and install the files in the correctl location.

Have you tested an install to check if the files are placed in the right folder?