This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to call Custom uninstall using IS Prof 6.1.

1 reply to this topic

ashwin

ashwin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 00:28

Hi,

I have a project created in Installshield Proffessional 5.5. This installation creates a short cut in the program file menu to uninstall the product. This shortcut when clicked executes the following command.

C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Company Name\Product Name.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Company Name\CustomUninstall.dll"

I have to create the same setup using Installshield Proffessional 6.1. Everything is compiling fine but I dont know how can I call a custom DLL while uninstalling the product.All I could find out was, how to uninstall the product by executing setup.exe using the unisntall flag. But I could find any reference to how to call custom dll while unisntalling.

Please if someone can help me?

Thank you in advance
Ashwin.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 07:56

You would call UseDLL in your script, surrounded by an if statement so that it only hapens during uninstall. Or you put the function call in the component removing handler for one of your main components.