This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Nested Installation

4 replies to this topic

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 11:29

Hi,

i am running a nested installation, and when i install it i do not see the shortcuts of the nested, only the ones from the parent.
i do not know if this is the way it should be, there isn't much info in the help file of SDK (!!!!).

i also noticed another problem, if i am running the installation on NT4, it does not create an add/remove program for the nested installation, just for the parent. BUT if i run it on WIN2000 it does, i mean add the two programs in the add/remove program. and this is not what i need. how can avoid that?, what do i need to do?.

Thanks in advanced.

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 16:02

Hi All,

well, the shortcuts worked, but i still have the problem with the exsistence of the nested installation in the add/remove programs bar.
i really need to know how to solve this, please advice!

Thanks

jsp

jsp
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 16:47

In HKLM remove the key: "\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\{Product-GUID}"
where Product-GUID is the GUID of the nested installation.
Hope this helps.
JSP

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 16:56

Thanks for that, i have another question regarding the same issue:
i am using the same installation as a nested, and as a stand-alone (running it as is), can a nested installation know that it runs as a nested?
i'll explain - can i define a condition that this specific key of HKLM\Microsoft\.....\Uninstall\NAME OF THE INSTALLATION
will be added only if it does not run as a nested installation?

Thanks

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 15:21

if i'm removing this key from the registry:\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\{Product-GUID}"

How can the installer remove the installation?