This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problems overwritting only some archives

1 reply to this topic

elfox_one

elfox_one
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 16:52

I have novice in Windows Installer and I have to make a setup of an aplication.
 My problem is that in several machines, the aplication has been installed manually (copy-pasting the folder) and now I have to make that the installer detect if the aplication is installed. If the aplication is installed, I only have to install the .exe and .dll, and not to overwrite the configuration files.

I have made two components in a feature:
- in the first one, i have put the dll and exe files with "Never Overwrite" property value equal NO
- in the other one, i have put the configuration files with "Never Overwrite" property value equal YES.

I have change the REINSTALLMODETEXT value to 'veums' because the exe file are different (in size and created and modified date) like actually installed but the number of the version is the same.

I think that this should be work, but the problem is that when i installed in a machine with 'manual aplication installed', it overwrite the configuration files and don´t overwrite the exe and dll files,  THE CONTRARY OF I WANT !!! ???

What have to do ???

Please help me !!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 20:45

The component conditions only look for the key file of the component.