This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to disable Custom Actions in Patch Design

1 reply to this topic

icon_st

icon_st
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 20:34

Hi I need to make Patch for minor upgrade. I am new to this.

- I made one version of product as product.msi with version 1.0
- Copied the same project .ism to another location, renamed, changed the product version, package code and created new product.msi with version 1.1
- The difference between them is few files changed to new versions.

- Now I am trying do Patch design with Latest version as version 1.1 and previous version as 1.0

I built the patch product.msp and trying to run it. The problem is this patch run the custom actions from original package, which I don't want to happen.

How to diable these custom actions? - These are few Launch executables after InstallFinalize and Few Launch executables after InstallInitialize and few SQL scripts.

Please help
Thanks
icon_st

gaurav

gaurav
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:56

Hi,

Which version of installshield you used to develop the patch?

I also faced the same issue with my patch developed in Installshield Developer 8. If you developed using Developer 8 then I don't know the solution for this issue.

But in installshield 10.5 we have the option to disable the execution of the custom actions which are defined in the base setup.

Thanks,
Gaurav