This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Use setup types in basic MSI projecty?

6 replies to this topic

StefanSchrey

StefanSchrey
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:51

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to use setup types - that you can use in an installscript project - in an basic msi project. When I look for information on this in the help-file, it says that i must use the install-level of the features to accomplish this. But the installlevel must be set before the user interface is shown, so I can't change this while I run the setup program.

So I redesigned the setuptype-dialog with 5 options, and on the next-button event i used the remove and addlocal-event of the features I need to install. My question is wether this is the best way to do this?

The feature-component relation should be like this:
Feature A: Installs component C1 & C2
Feature B: Installs component C3 & C4

Greetz,

Stefan.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:51

You can set the install level of a feature with a DoAction, that is activated on the next button control event.
Or you can use the condition table to add the features required for a certain setup type selection.

StefanSchrey

StefanSchrey
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:01

So...

with a do-action a call a custom action that sets the installevel of a feature in script? What's the statement I should use then? And I thought that after the costfinalize action I couldn't set the installevel anymore? If I use the condition table, what's the condition then, because i use a custom dialog with radiobuttons for input of which feature to install?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 22:52

Well on the DoAction you can write a custom action to set properties that the condition table uses, or you can set the feature state.

You can also use Addlocal or Remove to set the feature states as an event on the next button. You could set this according to the radio button selection.

StefanSchrey

StefanSchrey
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:43

Ok I understand, could you give me the syntax of how to set a feature state with maybe some example code?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 14:19

You may also want to look at the SetInstallLevel control event

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 22:46

If you do not already know how to write code to set feature states, it might be easier and quicker to just use the Addlocal and Remove events, or as Stefan has suggested, the SetInstallLevel.

This will achieve the same result as some feature set code anway.