This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA in different OS

1 reply to this topic

rj2Skipper

rj2Skipper
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 17:35

Hello

I created some Custom Actions with th CA-Wizard, which call functions from a Standard-DLL and give the functions some Variables read from IS-Properties.
This CA's are called right befor the installation is finished.
In Win 2000 everything works fine, the functions are called and executed but in Win98 i get ErrorMessages that the DLL, which hold the functions can not be found.
I also tried to call the Functions from the DLL in the BinaryTable and call the Functions from a DLL installed with the product. In Win98 i get always the same Errormessage "DLL not found" (tested with systems in VMWare 3.2)

what can i do
Bye Skipper
CU rj2Skipper<a href="http://www.ferrari-electronic.de" target='_blank'></a>

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 23:06

The DLL may be found but the dll will fail to load with the same error message if a function that the dll calls is not present in
the current operating system.

If this is the cause you need to find the offending call or calls and one put them in a os version specific dll.  Alternately you can dynamically late bind to the functions using GetProcAddress rather than a static linkage.
Ian Blake
(Currently Unemployed)