This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Script Custom Action

3 replies to this topic

bannistj

bannistj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 14:47

I put together a piece of JScript (stored directly in a custom action) which allowed me to create a Domain user via ASDI and then install a COM+ Application under this user. It was working fine but then I started getting a 1720 error during install. I changed the script which i was editing back to what it was previously, to no effect. Eventually i removed ALL the JScript Custom Actions I had put in but the error persisted. Can anyone tell me how I can find out more information on the error I'm getting or find out what script is causing the error or what happened to my project as I cant get it back on its feet.

bannistj

bannistj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 14:51

Forgot to mention: This happens during the Install Phase so it's not a cached copy of the installer running.

yoavshabtai

yoavshabtai
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 15:35

Hi

If there are no others VBScript or JScript then this is probably
a cache msi.
But never the less . . .
Run the msi with the log option like this for example:

msiexec /i "setuplocation\yourfile.msi" /L*v+ %temp%\yourfile.log

and then use the log to see who is the bad boy.
you can use the utility "WiLogUtl.exe" from the SDK to help
you process the log file. If you don't have it - GET IT!!!;)

Hope this will help you.
--Yoav :D

bannistj

bannistj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 16:16

Thanks for that. I can't seem to get hold of the Windows Installer SDK form the Microsoft website. I dont spose you could mail it to me.

:D