This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Nested MSI Instalaltion

2 replies to this topic

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:29

HI Friends,

I am using InstallShield 2008 professional, I am facing some problem with nested msi installation.

I have main installation called (Root) which will launch internally two child installations called Child1, Child2; when end user lunch the Root installation, Root installaer is able to launch the child(nested) instalaltions successfuly.

here is the problem: Root installation installing the child installations (Child1, Child2) in a silent mode, howeever from Child installations, user wants to select and deselct some features.

Could you please suggest any one how to display the user interface of the child installation?

Please consider this as high priority and let me know if this explanation is not clear.

Advance Thanks,
Reddy611

Edited by reddy611, 13 December 2007 - 10:30.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 23:44

Since the main installation (Root) is the only installation with a UI, it is this installation that must offer all features of Child1 and Child2. When you install Child1 and Child2 you pass the features on the command-line, like
Child1.msi ADDLOCAL=Feature1a,Feature1b REMOVE=Feature1c
Child2.msi ADDLOCAL=Feature2b REMOVE=Feature2a,Feature2b

... and it's you're job in Root.msi to construct the command-line based on the user's feature selection.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 13:16

Thank you Zweitze.