This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield Help

3 replies to this topic

kintyre1

kintyre1
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 20:22

Hi,
I am a first time user of InstallShield and am having a problem getting started, I have been using the package unit on VB6 does the installShield package the project?.
I used the Project Wizard and entered my .exe, do I have to add all the files and where?.
Do I have to modify the script?.
And could I get a Dummies Guide to install shield?.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:29

Can you please look under Help -> About what your exact InstallShield version is? I suspect it's version 5, i.e. very outdated.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:27

not clear what you are trying to say.
Do you use the VisaulStudio version of InstallShield or have you switched to a "full version" recently. If the latter applies, it would help to know the version you are using, like Stephan already said.

btw: there should be a "first steps" within the help menu of the program window ... try this or look into the samples which have been installed, haven't they?
Gruß / regards
Thomas

kintyre1

kintyre1
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 14:43

Hi,
Thank you for your help, the version of Install Shield I have is 5.5 Professional. You were right, in Help Library I found what I was looking for in Templates.
Once again thank you for your help.