This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Adding conditional creation of a folder

2 replies to this topic

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 13:04

Can somebody please supply me with a walkthrough for Wise Installation Manager, to create a folder if a feature (let's call it 'Fred') is set to be installed. Thus, if the user selects to install 'Fred', the folder will be created. If the feature isn't selected, no folder gets created. This folder, BTW, is down a tree whose details are probably unimportant.

Failing that, a description of EVERY step required in order to add that functionality to the relevant tables.

BTW, I can guarantee that 'Fred' won't be installed already, since we *always* uninstall completely before installing new releases.

I have read through a number of posts about this here, and added stuff to the Condition table, added a new component to create the folder, set the condition "&Fred=3" to that component
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 14:22

No need for conditions. Just create a new component for that folder and associate this component with feature Fred. If there are no files in that component you also need to add a row to the CreateFolder table.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 15:04

It was the CreateFolder bit I was missing...

Thank you!
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.