This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE not defined

4 replies to this topic

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:17

Hi,

the major upgrade works properly, the old product is uninstalled automatically..., but the variable IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is not defined.

I use this variable to display a message to warn the user and bypass some windows like the license text.

Why this variable is not defined?

Is there another way to detect major upgrade?

Thank you

Chris

Edited by lavocat, 19 January 2011 - 09:18.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:24

IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is set by the ISSetAllUsers custom action. Do you have this action in your sequences? (I've seen problem reports with this custzom action if you migrated to newer versions of InstallShield, but I don't have the details at hand)

IMHO the best way to detect a major upgrade is the property you specified in the Major Upgrade entry on the Advanced tab (by default InstallShield uses something like ISACTIONPROP1)

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:20

Indeed, I've migrated to newer versions and ISSetAllUsers was missing.
The problem is solved now by adding this CA to my project, thank you Stefan.

Concerning ISACTIONPROP1, I think it will be also set on Minor upgrade...

Chris

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 18:30

Concerning ISACTIONPROP1, I think it will be also set on Minor upgrade...
No, it's in the Upgarde table, i.e. in the settings of the Major Upgrade. The Upgrade table will not detect minor updates.

unknown

unknown
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 20:26

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2011-01-19 10:24)
IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is set by the ISSetAllUsers custom action. Do you have this action in your sequences? (I've seen problem reports with this custzom action if you migrated to newer versions of InstallShield, but I don't have the details at hand)

IMHO the best way to detect a major upgrade is the property you specified in the Major Upgrade entry on the Advanced tab (by default InstallShield uses something like ISACTIONPROP1)

ISSetAllUsers custom action is there both in Install UI sequence as well as Install Execute Sequence. So will IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE be set whenever it is executed? Either in Install UI Sequence or InstallExecute sequence?