This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installshield wizard

1 reply to this topic

vichop

vichop
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:17

Hi,

Is there a way that I use developer 8.0 to develop a wizard based application such that when I run the wizard it doesn't copy any files to the target machine. And also when I re-run the wizard, it shouldn't go to maintenance mode.

Bottom line is that I want to use the installshield as a wizard to do some system configuration and not install it as a product.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards
Vivek Chopra
vivek.chopra@hp.com

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:44

Hmmm, you may be able to create a project with no components and insert custom actions to do the tasks you want to do. Then before InstallInitialize or InstallFiles you would insert a custom action which has an Installscript "abort;" statement in it. This should effectively abort the setup without registering the setup on the system. Note that the abort statement probably rolls back the setup and hence may run your custom actions again when abort is performed. I have never tried this.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul