This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need Help To Solve The 1605 Error

1 reply to this topic

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 00:15

Hi, everyone. I installed a product but then accidentally deleted the install directory. Then I tried to make the system like it has never installed the product. I deleted all the register keys in the registry that have the prodcut name in it, all the files at the temp directory at the Documents and Settings directory and all files at the Downloaded Installations at the Windows directory. After all these, the Add or Remove Programs doesn't display the Product's name anymore. However when I tried to install the product again. It gave me the 1605 error at the beginning of the installation. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you.

John

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:01

You have probably missed quite a few entries from your delete. There are lots of extra keys and values that dont have the product name in.

Try download the msizap utility from microsoft.