This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Device drivers

1 reply to this topic

iad

iad
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 09:19

Hello everyone, my first posting here and have a problem some of you may be able to help with.

I am experienced in IS pro 6/7 and have come accross something that is puzzling me.

I have a requirement to expand on an existing installation package of mine to enable the connection of a piece of hardware through the USB port of Win2k and XP machines.

Does anyone know of a way to quietly force the installof the required drivers. I have all of the driver files I need and require the installatoin to occur without the aid of the Microsoft "New hardware Wizard".

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Ian

blink.gif

Jason S

Jason S
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 22:57

I have had a similar project handed to me.
I have not been able to avoid the Hardware Wizard issue. According to what I've been able to find on the Windows Driver Installation Website in order to quietly install drivers you MUST have a catalogue file, signed driver, from Windows Hardware Quality Lab, WHQL.
This is especially true for XP.

I know that HP uses different install procedures for their printer drivers based on if it's USB or parallel and also based on OS type.

There must be others out there who have addressed this same issue.

How are other developers handling it?
If anyone has insite to this, please post it here.

Thanks
Jason S