This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modifying dialog behavior

4 replies to this topic

dawn100

dawn100
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 21:44

My apologies upfront being new to Develop 7.04.  

My question is this.  I would like to make an exact copy of
SdShowDlgEdit3.  I have 2 different dialogs to create and I'd like to use SdShowDlgEdit3 as the base.  I need to make a copy because the behaviors are different in the 2 dialogs that I need to create.  Can't I copy the dialog, give it a new name and then modify the behavior as I want?

Thanks
Dawn

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:08

In what terms do you mean modify the behaviour?

Would it be easier to set conditions on the behaviour on that dialog so that different controls and text only work for certain conditions?

dawn100

dawn100
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 15:31

Thankyou for responding Luke.

I've got 2 dialogs boxes and I'd like to use SdShowDlgEdit3 (thru Design User Interface) for both dialogs.  
The first is username
              password    
              verify password.

Its required that Fields 2 and 3 do not echo back what the user types.  This can be achieved by modifying the dialog layout and the behavior or field 2 and three.

The second dialog is DSN
                           Username
                           Password
In this instance I only need Field three to not echo back what the user types.  

Also, the layout for each of these dialog box need to be slightly different.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by modifying the conditions.  Do I do that through Design User Interface feature?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 23:17

Well I am using Basic Msi project so there might be some differences between this and a standard project, but what you can do is try to set all of the text dialogs, and entry fields to only display when a certain condition is met.

This means that you can have one dialog, and have different functionality for different situations.

dawn100

dawn100
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 14:41

Thank you Luke,

I'll give it a try.  I think I have a better understanding now.

Dawn