This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Removing entry from Control Panel

1 reply to this topic

jasongibbons

jasongibbons
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 18:03

I need to remove my applications entry from contol panel\add remove programs.  I am using IS pro 7.  With Win NT and 2000, I can do this by deleting the 'DisplayName' value in the applications key under HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall.  However, doing that on Win9x leaves a blank entry in the add remove programs panel (and this still allows the application to be uninstalled accidentally).

On Win9x I can make sure that the entry doesn't appear at all by deleting the entire application key under HKLM\....\currentversion\uninstall.  However, if I do that as part of the install script, IS7 will not create a .ilg file at all (even if I disable logging before and after deleting the key).  It seems that IS7 simply assumes that the application is to be treated as uninstallable if that registry key is deleted.  However, that is not what I need.  I still need the .ilg file to be created, since the application must be removeable (but only by a 'meta' installation, and not via the control panel).

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 22:34

Question moved to Professional 7 forum