This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create User

1 reply to this topic

sanghamitra_basu

sanghamitra_basu
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 13:32

ohmy.gif
Can anyone tell me the detailed steps of how to create users ina Basic MSI project.
The help provided through "How do I use a custom action to create user accounts on the local computer?" in Windows Installer SDK is very confusing. Can anyone tell me wherefrom i'm supposed to get the process.cpp,create.cpp,remove.cpp to create the files process.dll, create.dll, and remove.dll.
Any one who has implemented the above method,please let me know how to go about it

catrill

catrill
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 17:26

I have done creation, deletion and modification of user accounts in installshield using custom actions. However, rather than using Microsoft's source code, I used my own. I expect you would prefer not to write your own code. So you have to find Microsoft's. Once you do, I can help you with your installer.

The source code comes with Microsoft's Platform SDK, but maybe you don't have this. I have heard that there is a bug in one of the versions of Plaftorm SDK, and these samples were not included.

I also found this page when I searched for Windows Installer SDK http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

It allows you to download something called intelSDK.msi. Maybe it contains the code you need (process, create, remove). It will be some time before I can find out myself.