This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Making an existing ISM multilingual

2 replies to this topic

quboid

quboid
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 18:45

I have an ISM file created by some version of ISWI 2.0x with no language packs installed. I've upgraded to ISWI 2.03 and installed the language packs and now wish to add support for various languages to the installer. However, when I add these languages the newly created locale specific string tables and dialog boxes contain only English.

If I create a new ISM file then exactly the same procedure yields string tables and dialog boxes that are correctly localised.

Analysing exported ISV files shows that even the supposedly US only new ISM file still contains all the localised resources. Of course, if I export an ISV file from my original ISM file it contains only the English resources.

I can't find this documented as a bug anywhere and as such am unable to come up with a workaround apart from manually migrating all my changes to a new ISM file.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Even better, has anyone come up with a workaround?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 21:21

I would export the string table from the new project, and import it to your existing project. Then you would have to care for any string table entries you added yourself.

quboid

quboid
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 18:38

Thanks, that seems to have worked in the IDE at least. I'll rebuild everything tomorrow and check that the installers actually appear in the right language.