This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

launching appliacation as soon as it is installed

5 replies to this topic

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 10:35

Does anyone know how I can launch an application as soon as it is installed on a PC? - I am installing from a cd?
Thanks
Berni

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 11:12

Take a look at CA Type 18.

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 11:16

Hi thanks for replying -
sorry  - i am quite new to installshield - where would I find CA type 18?
Cheers
Berni

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 11:44

CA - Custom Action

From the check list pane of ISWI  #5 there is an item "Define Sequences and Actions".  Under this is an Item "Actions Script".  

Once you have selected this area select custom actions.  A show me button will appear that will lead you through a custom action wizard.   You will need to decide if the installer should wait for your program.  You should choose a type of "deferred" (runs where you place it in the install sequence) or commit (runs after installation has been completed)

When you have created your CA select sequences from the check list.  Expand the Installation, Execute tree.  You probably want to install your CA before InstallFinalize so select the action immediately before InstallFinsalize and right click and choose "Insert..." select your CA.  

Add a condition to stop it running when you do not want it to (eg. when uninstalling).  Job done.

This is not very clear but you will work it out as you try it out.

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 12:04

thanks for your help !! :-)

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 13:48

Woohoo!!