This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Cant start InstallShield 10.5

3 replies to this topic

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 17:13

Strange one this.

I validated my project which corrupted the output window a bit so I closed InstallShield 10.5 Sp1 and am now unable to reopen it.

It just sits on the splashscreen with ~90% CPU. I even uninstalled, deleted all InstallShield references in Program Files and reinstalled to no avail. I click the Start menu shortcut and it gets no further than the splash screen.

I tried deleting temp stuff. Does anyone have any ideas?

Something is persistent across an uninstall that is stopping it running. Oh and ProtectionProcessorCleanup.0001 is also present in the task manager.

help!!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:12

I think you'd better contact InstallShield support (http://support.insta...ontact/know.asp) or post your question at community.installshield.com as I don't think anyone here will be able to solve this problem.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 15:47

Did you do a virus scan?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:24

Ok cheers guys.

I noticed that if I logged on as a different user InstallShield started which led me to the HKCU\InstallShield registry keys that must have become corrupt. Renamin the key meant InstallShield would then start.

The corruption must have occurred when I quit during validation, maybe I was just unlucky. I was suprised that these enties werent removed by the uninstall though.

Happy ending anyway.