This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

iTunes 10.6 Custom Actions

3 replies to this topic

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:39

Hi,
I am repackaging iTunes 10.6 for windows and i have an issue with it, i am passing all the silent switches and installing the itunes successfully, but i want to disable the EULA and "Updates Check" when the application is launched for the first time in Admin as well as in User mode, so for that reason i have created a batch file for post install and pre-install witch which when i run them manual everything seems to be working fine, but the same when i pass via "Active Setup", and when i log in to user mode the Active Setup is running but when i launch the iTunes Shortcut the application is doing a Self heal as a result of which the Active setup is of no use, Is there any way in which i can stop the self healing of iTunes or if there is any other way of Disabling the EULA and "Updates Check",

Please help me in this as this is very urgent.

Thanks in Advance,

Syed.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 19:14

Here's an article that explains a method to find out which component is causing the self repair. This may help you find out the cause:
http://www.msifaq.com/a/1037.htm

Another option would be running Process Monitor from SysInternals to see what file or registry entry it is trying to access and getting an error.

Note that skipping the EULA may be against the EULA and Apple may have added code to prevent this.

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 16:09

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the quick rply,
Actually i am talking about the EULA which pops-up when the user opens the iTunes Application Shortcut, i want to supress the same because our users will not be able to view the EULA, please help me on that...

Thanks in Advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 20:13

I don't know if it can be suppressed, and I don't know if it's allowed to suppress it. If it's allowed I'd expect some documentation for it at the Apple web site where you request the redistribution license.