This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

File Install sequence

2 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 January 2002 - 22:29

I am getting ready to start on a new IS 7.01 project (previous experience with ISWE 2.03 only). I created the project as a "standard" type.

I have the same question regarding to two aspects of the product: Merge Modules and Setup Files.

As part of my dialog sequence, the user will need to specify where a database gets created on a remote SQL-Server. I want to be able to provide to them a list of drives on the server with available space on each, and then the "default" path (with option to change) for the DB on that drive.

To do this, I'll need to make sure MDAC 2.6 is installed (via Merge Module) and a custom DLL (via Setup Files).

The big question(s) then: Do these types of files get installed prior to the "OnFirstUIBefore()" event? If not, is there any way to force them to be installed early?

Thanks,

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 January 2002 - 22:39

Not an answer, but a bit of advice... ;-)

If your experience is with ISWi 2.03, create a Basic MSI Project instead of a standard one.  You'll find yourself in much more familiar territory, trust me.

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 15:56

Thanks for the suggestion, but the main reason I went with a standard project was because the ISWI structure was too confining for what I wanted to do. I'm not worried about heading into unfamiliar territory...