This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Network adpater does not show

6 replies to this topic

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 01:53

I create a CA (rundll32.exe setupapi.dll, InstallfSection DefaultInstall 132 [full_path]\inf ).

Inserted CA in executeaction before removeregisterproduct

Reboot after finished installed but the device did not appear on network adapter and no error returned from WI on win2000

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 07:48

I think there shouldn't be a blank:

rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,_InstallfSection DefaultInstall 132 [full_path]\inf

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 14:18

Type: 2
Source: New_Binary1
Target: Setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 [SystemFolder]\drivers\test.inf

The New_Binary1=<WindowsFolder>\system32\rundll32.exe

I ran the same command on DOS and it does not return error and it did not appear in device list.  However, If I add device from Control Panel, it does appear in Device Manager | Network Adapters

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 14:22

That probably means that your inf file doesn't have a [DefaultInstall] section and cannot be installed with setupapi.dll. This is not unusual for devide driver .inf files.

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 20:38

The inf did not have [DefaultInstall] section].  I added in with AddReg and CopyFiles entries.  Run the command, I received the Digital Signature Not found message and click Yes to continue the installation.    I saw the File Progress and Copy File message flow by quickly and gone.  Check the Device Manager, still no show.

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 23:30

Found solution in NT DDK
ntddk/src/general/setup/install