This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modifying License Agreement on the fly

1 reply to this topic

p13

p13
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 22:26

In a previous Installscript installaion, we had a dialog that would display different license agreements depending on different user selections made on that dialog.

I'm trying to do the same thing for a MSI installation. I know that the MSI is built with the RTF license agreement inserted into the "Text" field for the scrollabletext control.

My first solution is to make copies of the scrollable text control and hide all but the one that should be showing through conditions.

Instead, I'd like to make a temp row in the control table that is a scrollabletext control and stream the appropriate RTF into the row. I'd then delete the row and create a new one with a different RTF as necessary?

However, I'm having trouble streaming in the file. Anyone know how to do this? I found this in the Help: "The MsiRecordSetStream function sets a record stream field from a file. Stream data cannot be inserted into temporary fields." Could that be my problem?

Or, is there any way that I could somehow just make a custom action with the installscript dialog and have that inserted into the UI sequence?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 22:21

Yes, looks like this is your problem.
Also the dialog will not automatically refresh if you change the rtf data in the msi table.