This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch not upgrade

4 replies to this topic

Maradoo

Maradoo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 21:12

Hi all,

I have some problem running a patch. When i create a patch, the log file indicates that all is fine, but when i run it, some files don't upgrade. In the patch these files have a new version and they are on the same feature, and this feature is indicated as a changed feature in the patch creation wizard.

Any ideas??? Thanks!

Diego.

Michael Schroeder

Michael Schroeder
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 10:38

Hi Maradoo,

how did you install your patch at the target? Did you use REINSTALL=ALL at command line? The settings for new features and changed features at the patch creation wizard will only affect the update.exe.

Michael.
Michael Schroeder
ORBIS Hamburg GmbH

mikebsr

mikebsr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 15:31

I have the same problem when I patch an installation that has been patched up to it's existing level. For example, if I patch a fresh install, everything works. If I patch an install previously patched (i.e. service pack 1 up to service pack 2), nothing upgrades, but I get no errors.

I don't use the command line however. I create an update.exe via Installshield and use Package for The web 4. I am currently using ISWI ver 2.03.
Mike

Maradoo

Maradoo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 15:59

When I make a new package with the same structure of the installed package all works fine. I think this (its not all chequed, but its works) : when i change the ism´s structure the patch don´t work. I call structure to CA´s code. The version 1 have 15 CA, and the new package have 21 CA, some of it with a diferent installscript code. I guess that it does not work in a patch.

is this correct?, i don´t know, but works.

Any other sugestion?

Maradoo

Maradoo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 16:00

When I make a new package with the same structure of the installed package all works fine. I think this (its not all chequed, but its works) : when i change the ism´s structure the patch don´t work. I call structure to CA´s code. The version 1 have 15 CA, and the new package have 21 CA, some of it with a diferent installscript code. I guess that it does not work in a patch.

is this correct?, i don´t know, but works.

Any other sugestion?

Thanks.

Maradoo