This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create a user account

4 replies to this topic

frede

frede
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:41

I am using 10.5 Pro version and I want to create a local (and also learn how to create a
domain user) user on the system. I don't want to show the user a dialog where they enter a user name, password etc. but I want to create it automatically. How do I do this? Can I write it in installscript? Do I have to create a DLL and call a function in that or how do I do it? How can I automatically delete the account when my product is uninstalled?

Thanks

VicOEM

VicOEM
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 16:35

run command "NET USER /?" from command prompt and see the results.
May be this will help.

wink.gif

frede

frede
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:19

QUOTE (VicOEM @ 2005-01-20 15:35)
run command "NET USER /?" from command prompt and see the results.
May be this will help.

wink.gif

Well the whole idea with a tool like InstallShield is to create a standard install package. If I am forced to use shell commands I might just as well create a batch file for the installation.

VicOEM

VicOEM
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:38

well, create a "standard" custom action of type "Launch an executable" "Stored in property table" in Your "standard install package".

Jamie

Jamie
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 15:21

I was just looking into this myself. Take a look in the Windows Installer section of the InstallShield Help>Custom Actions>Using Custom Actions>How do I use a custom action to create user accounts on the local computer. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks as though it's fully supported by Windows Installer.
Hope this helps.
Jamie