This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Order of installscript code that is run

1 reply to this topic

Enoch Chum

Enoch Chum
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2001 - 21:29

Hi All,

All of following questions use ISD7 and standard project type.

1. What is the order the standard installscript functions(OnBegin(), OnEnd()...etc..) is executed if you have a standard project? Assume a first-time installation.

2. In the sequences/actions part of advanced views, where is Installscript code run(eg. for example the OnBegin() function) for standard projects? Is all the Installscript code run in one single action?

Thanks,

Enoch Chum

rjones0604

rjones0604
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 17:51

The answer to your first question can be found by searching the Dev7 help for the string 'Order of Event Handlers'.

As for your second question, I don't believe all IS code is executed from a single action, since many of the actions correspond to event handlers that can be placed in script.  However, I would like to know if the script stays resident once loaded, so that the values of any global variables are present regardless of which event handler function is executed.  I don't know yet, will probably do a test to see.

Hope this helps some.